Step-by-Step Guide to Making Your Own Charm Necklace
Beading and jewelry making is a craft many people enjoy both as a hobby and as a business. Many craft stores carry all of the materials needed to make beautiful necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and other jewelry pieces, which makes starting a jewelry hobby very simple. Have you considered making your own jewelry? If you have but do not know where to start, here is an easy layered necklace tutorial to help get the creative juices flowing. Who knows – maybe jewelry making will be your new passion!
Tools and Materials for Layered Charm Necklace:
- Beading chain
- Jewelry toolset that includes wire cutters and chain nose pliers
- Jewelry findings including jump rings and lobster claws
- Decorative beads and charms of choice
Directions for Layered Charm Necklace:
- Measure and cut two pieces of beading chain using wire cutters from the jewelry toolset—one piece should be 17 inches and the other 20 inches. Chain lengths can be cut longer or shorter based on personal preference or overall desired look of the necklace.
- Taking the shorter of the two chains, find the center of the chain and attach a charm of choice using a jump ring from the jewelry findings and chain nose pliers from the jewelry toolset.
- Taking the shorter chain again, attach beads in a desired pattern along the length of the chain.
- Taking the longer of the two chains, find the center of the chain and attach a charm of choice using a jump ring from the jewelry findings and chain nose pliers from the jewelry toolset.
- Taking the longer chain again, attach beads in a desired pattern along the length of the chain.
- Lay the two lengths of chain on a flat surface, placing the shorter chain on top of the longer chain.
- Attach a jump ring from the jewelry findings and chain nose pliers from the jewelry toolset to attach the two chains together on one end, and repeat the process on the other end of the chains.
- Attach a lobster claw to one end of the chains by using the attached jump ring and chain nose pliers.
- Add an additional jump ring to the opposite side for the lobster claw to attach to.
- Put on your Layered Charm Necklace and enjoy!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: dekay / 123RF Stock Photo