While a seemingly small feature, a sink sprayer can make a big difference regarding the functionality of your kitchen sink. However, if you have a sprayer that’s too short or leaks often, you might benefit from replacing it with a new one. You might be tempted at first to purchase a sprayer that’s priced modestly, but a quality sprayer can go a long way. So, before rushing off the store, at least learn to replace your old sink sprayer right here.
Materials & Supplies
Directions for Installing a New Sink Sprayer
- Before beginning, cut off the water supply to your faucet.
- Using your basin wrench, remove the old hose by unscrewing the threaded connectors to the sprayer and faucet under the sink.
- Screw in the new threaded connectors. Keep in mind that the smaller end (hex nut) connects to the faucet while the larger end (round nut) connects to the sprayer.
- Place the new base over the opening.
- Take your new sprayer and unscrew the nut.
- Then, push the hose through the nut and add any clips or washers needed in order to connect it to your sprayer.
- Using your hand, tighten the sprayer onto the nut in a clockwise motion.
- Then, take the free end or the smaller end (hex nut) downward into the guide.
- Using your wrench, tighten the nut to connect it to the faucet. Avoid over tightening
- Apply a ¼ in. bead of the plumber’s putty to the sprayer’s bottom edge or wrap it a few times using pipe thread tape.
- While under the sink, place a friction washer on the tailpiece.
- Screw on the mounting nut to the end and tighten using a basin wrench or slip joint pliers.
- Wipe away excess putty or tear off any thread tape that may get in the way.
- Then, using your hands, screw on the sprayer hose to the hose nipple at the faucet’s bottom and tighten the hose nut.
- Without over tightening, use your pliers or wrench to tighten the hose nut and make sure the hose is secure. Turn your water supply back on and check for leaks.
If you think you’re ready for a new sink sprayer, please click here, and feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: paulmichaelhughes / 123RF Stock Photo