It doesn’t matter how old you are—melted crayon art is fun for everyone and makes for some unique, DIY artwork that anyone will be impressed by. To complete the process, which is so easy it’s practically sinful, you simply line up some of those old crayons from when you or the kids were little and slowly melt them until you achieve the aesthetic you’re aiming for.
It’s a great way to repurpose all those old supplies that tend to add up quickly. Instead of throwing them away, you can use all those crayons to make something new for your home. Let’s get to work!
Materials & Supplies
Directions for Melted Crayon Art
- Before you begin, first sort out the color combinations you want to work with. You can put them in the order of the rainbow, lightest to darkest, different shades of one color—anything combination you want.
- You may want to lay out some newspaper or some old clothes in case melted wax goes flying.
- Hot glue the crayons onto the canvas. You can leave the wrappers on or take them off completely.
- Angle the canvas based on the way you want the wax to drip.
- Using a blow dryer, distribute heat over the crayons in the direction you want the wax to drip. Holding the blow dryer at a downward angle may be best.
- Once the crayons have melted, let the work dry to avoid burns.
- After the wax dries, feel free to clean it up by filling in any spaces or removing some or all of the crayons.
- Find a nice place to display your work and show off your creativity.
- Unwrap the crayons and place them to fit into the glue gun. If you want to use multiple colors, you can start with the lightest colors and slowly add the darker colors.
- Hold the glue gun close to your canvas and create different designs with the dripping wax. There is more design control with this method, so feel free to get even more creative.
To make your artwork more interesting, feel free to add a few cutouts or silhouettes on the blank parts of the canvas. You can even write out inspirational phrases as a reminder to look on the bright side of things.
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: lambros / 123RF Stock Photo