Looking for some inexpensive seasonal decorations? Well, it turns out all you need is paint, some scrap wood, and a few other supplies, and you’ve got decorations for fall and winter through these reversible wood pumpkin/snowmen!
With one side decorated for autumn and one side for winter, all anyone ever has to do in between seasons is flip their little pumpkins around to reveal smiling snowmen on the other side for brightening up cold winter days. If you think this project is for you, let’s get started on those reversible wood pumpkin/snowmen!
Material and Supplies
- Any rectangular pieces of scrap wood you have available
- Craft sticks
- Craft paints in orange, brown, and white
- Green burlap
- Black buttons
- Paint brushes
- Hot glue gun
Directions for Reversible Wood Pumpkin/Snowmen
- Begin on any side of a piece of scrap wood, painting the starting side orange with about an inch-long white stripe across the top. Repeat this step for as many pieces of scrap wood as you intend to use. Note: Only paint the front orange, not the sides, because the orange can’t be noticeable on the snowman side. Set the wood to the side to dry.
- Cut off the ends of a few craft sticks using your scissors before painting one coat of brown craft paint onto those stick ends—these will serve as pumpkin stems, and they should be as long as your pumpkins’ white stripes. Allow them time to dry.
- Take some green burlap and cut it into several leaf shapes, one per pumpkin.
- Once all of the paint has dried, use your hot glue gun to secure your craft stick stems onto each pumpkin—the stem should lie in the middle of the white stripe. With more hot glue, secure the burlap leaves onto the pumpkin tops with the stems (again, one per pumpkin).
- Tie a knot into some raffia and glue it on top of the leaf. Trim the raffia with scissors, so it doesn’t show around the pumpkin’s edges. Once all of the glue has dried, flip the project over to start on the snowman side.
- On the opposite side of the pumpkin, paint the whole side white and then allow it to dry, again leaving the edges clean of paint.
- Paint an orange carrot nose around the center of the snowman side. Use the hot glue gun to secure a button mouth and eyes—make sure the buttons are consistent in size, possibly flipping the buttons upside down for the mouth to differentiate.
- Repeat the previous steps as much as you want to create however many reversible holiday decoration items as you want, since it’s unlikely this project costs very much to repeat.
- Enjoy your reversible wood pumpkin/snowmen!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: jumbi / 123RF Stock Photo