While most candy-related arts and crafts projects are aimed at young children, this Sweetheart wreath is one that both teenagers and even adults can get into, and it does not even take that long or cost that much to make!
Valentine’s Day will soon be upon us, and while many people often look forward to the holiday, others struggle to enjoy such a day if they are not currently in a relationship or married—and even some who are in a relationship prefer to keep the day off their radar.
Rather than worry about what you think is the right thing to do for this holiday, have some fun and create decorations that focus less on romance and more on the pure joy of celebration. If you think this crafts project is the one for you, then check out the guide below and let’s get started on this Valentine’s Day Sweetheart wreath as soon as possible!
Supplies and Materials
- One wreath form, 16 inches in diameter
- 2 bags of Sweetheart candy pieces
- Hot glue gun and at least five glue sticks
- One light pink ribbon
Directions for Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Wreath
- Once you have all of your supplies and materials, you can begin by gluing the Sweetheart candies all over the outside of the wreath form with your hot glue gun, making sure to keep them close together, have the words and phrases facing up, and that the candies are going in the same direction as much as you can manage.
- The hearts should ultimately cover all of the wreath form’s areas, with the exception of its back side, which will rest against the door. Before you begin gluing candies, it may be best to mark on the wreath form which areas will not be covered by heart candies. This will form a cleaner, more even look for your final product.
- As your final touch, tie the pink ribbon around your wreath’s bottom edge into a nice bow. Feel free to add any other Valentine’s Day related elements to your wreath if you feel it needs a little something extra.
- Once you are satisfied and feel your wreath is ready to be on display, hang it on your front door. You should have space for this since the back of your wreath is not covered.
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Wreath!