It may seem difficult for first-timers, but installing faux wood blinds is a simple process that doesn’t have to take much time at all. Most of the parts needed are already there, so you just need to secure the blinds in place. All you need is a screwdriver or a drill, and you should be able to install your blinds in minutes. To ensure you aren’t making it harder on yourself, here’s a quick how-to guide for installing your new blinds!
If you haven’t already decided, you’ll want to consider either an inside or an outside mount. Blinds that are mounted on the inside allow you to emphasize the molding, but make sure you have enough depth without pressing too much on the glass. For an outside mount, you can install the blinds on the molding or above it. An outside mount may block out more light and allude to a much larger window frame.
Materials and Supplies
Directions for Installing Faux Wood Blinds
- First, measure the dimensions of the window exactly and make sure you have the right size.
- Carefully remove the blinds from their packaging
- Review the product’s instructions before you begin.
- Make sure the mount brackets are away from the glass.
- Using a screwdriver or drill with a ¼ inch drill bit, screw in the brackets one side at a time.
- Slide in the head rail of the blinds into the brackets.
- Space the clips evenly and then snap the clips over the head rail.
- Then, test out your blinds by pulling the cords.
- Carefully unpack the blinds and the mounting hardware.
- Read over the product’s instructions before you begin.
- Mark the outside edges of your blinds with a pencil.
- Align the brackets with the marks and carefully screw them in with a screwdriver or drill.
- If you have a center support bracket, mount it where it won’t interfere with your cord.
- Snap the valance clips over the head rail and space the clips evenly.
- Slide the head rail into the brackets.
- Completely close the brackets until the cover snaps into place.
- Attach the side returns of the valance using the L brackets.
- Test the blinds by lowering and raising them.
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: studio2013 / 123RF Stock Photo