Is there anything better with dinner than a great bottle of wine? Amazingly, not many people are sure how to properly open a bottle of wine. Well, we are about to show you how to do it and have even found a great video that will walk you through the process. In a few minutes, you will be ready to offer tableside wine service to all your friends!
• Open blade on side of corkscrew.
• Run blade across the first rim of the bottle to remove the foil wrap.
• Place auger in center of cork and press down. Begin screwing augur into the cork until you have slightly more than one complete rung still showing.
• Set the top pull on rim of bottle and pull upwards on the handle of the corkscrew. Cork will be about 1/3 of the way out of bottle at full extension.
• Release first level pull, tilt handle back to engage second level pull. Place second level pull on bottle lip and pull upwards on handle.
• Cork should come out of bottle smoothly.
• Remove auger from cork.
That is all there is to it. If you have a bottle that has not been stored properly, the cork can become brittle and break upon removal. If the break is clean and there is still enough cork to remove with the corkscrew, just repeat this process but be very careful so as not to push cork into bottle.
If the remaining cork is too small to retrieve with the corkscrew, you will have to push the cork inside the bottle of wine and decant the bottle to remove any remnants of the cork.