Something as simple as an organized space can make daily life that much easier to handle. It’s easy for us to lose keys, phones, and cards within minutes of being home through the most minor tasks. It can also be difficult to keep track of things when there is so much going on in your day-to-day schedule. With a little more space, you’re less likely to misplace miscellaneous items, your thoughts are more in order, and you’re able to breath a little easier. That’s where these washi tape cereal box organizers come in.
Whether it’s for the office, a child’s room, the kitchen, or any setting, these organizers prevent things like magazines from piling up in your closet or in a drawer and make them easier to keep up with. Anything that allows you to maintain a clutter free environment at home or around your desk is definitely worth a try. While it may take up a good chunk of your Saturday morning, learn how to make these personalized organizers using only washi tape and a couple of empty cereal boxes you were going to throw away anyway.
Materials & Supplies
Preparation for Washi Tape Cereal Box Organizers
- Before beginning, make sure each cereal box is the same size. You can do a single box, but two boxes are best for more stability.
- With the box facing frontward, mark six inches on the left edge of the box and then mark 11 inches on the right edge. Connect the dots using a ruler. Do the same thing for the backside of the box, making sure the six and 11 marks mirror each other.
- Connect the six-inch marks across the left side of the box, and do the same for the 11-inch marks on the opposite side.
- The 11-inch side will be the back of the organizer and the six-inch side the front. If your cereal box is smaller, you can adjust the marks to your preferred height.
Directions for Washi Tape Cereal Box Organizers
- Once you’ve made the marks on both sides, cut the boxes along the lines you made using an X-acto knife. If the box has a thicker material, lightly score it a few times with the blade before cutting.
- After the boxes are cut, tape them together with double sided tape.
- With the washi tape, begin wrapping the boxes. Make sure to leave a little tape over the edges to trim them down afterward.
- To add the finishing details of your cereal box organizers, take a contrasting piece of tape and fold it lengthwise along the edge.
To make the organizers more exciting, try adding strips of different patterns or alternating between solid colors and decorative patterns. It may be easier to start with similar colors until you’re comfortable using complementary or triad color patterns for each one.
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: madllen / 123RF Stock Photo