With Halloween having passed us by already, more of the best holidays of the year are on the way, Thanksgiving and Christmas being the big ones. Since your supplies are already out in the yard, you should take the time to try making these easy pine cone wreaths!
Materials and Supplies
- Between 55 and 65 pine cones (ideally sorted into three group sizes)
- A wire wreath form, 12 inches in diameter
- A hot glue gun with sticks of hot glue
- Evergreen branches, synthetic or real (optional)
- Berry sprigs (optional)
- LED fairy lights (optional)
Directions for Pine Cone Wreaths
- You should start by gluing on the medium-sized pine cones to the wire wreath’s inner rings. Take those pine cones, add a small hot glue dab onto the two innermost rings, and set the first pine cones onto the prepared glue spots quickly. Repeat this step until there’s a completed pine cone circle on the wire wreath. You should be able to fit 10 or 12 pine cones into the circle.
- Now, once the glue for the medium-sized pine cones has dried, it’s time to glue pine cones from the large group onto the wire wreath. Glue the larger pine cones to the wire frame’s two outermost rims, using the same hot gluing process as before.
- For this step, you have to glue pine cones from your smallest group onto the wreath to fill in the gaps between the medium and large-sized pine cones. It’s best to vary the directions in which the pine cones are facing, so as to make them appear more natural—for instance, one cone can lay flat on one of its sides while the one next to it lays on a different side. These can be tricky to glue, so try placing the cones and finding spots where they rest firmly on the ones below. Also, remember to use plenty of hot glue on the pine cones’ bottom ends to make them stick.
- From here, you have the basic model for your pine cone wreath, but you can also add additional decorations, including green foliage, berries, ribbons, and small ornaments. The choice is yours!
- Evergreen cuttings and berry sprigs are easy to add and can be tucked easily between the different pine cones. As well, LED fairy lights make for solid decoration, given their small battery packs are very easy to keep hidden within the wreath.
- With your pine cone wreath completed, feel free to use it as a center piece for your dinner table or for greeting your guests as they come up to your front door. Enjoy your pine cone wreath!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: mikhasik / 123RF Stock Photo