For those who find themselves either strapped for cash this holiday season or in desperate need of gift ideas (or both), you should try making these peppermint bath salts, which are both easy to make and thoughtful gifts for those closest to you!
Requiring only a handful of relatively inexpensive ingredients and a mason jar, these bath salts take on the colors of candy canes and personify the holiday spirit that unites everyone around the end of the year—if they let it. Making this an even better arts and crafts project is the fact that it requires maybe ten minutes to make one jar of bath salts, leaving you plenty of time to make more as gifts or stocking stuffers. So, if you think this is the gift project you had in mind this year, keep on reading our step-by-step guide below and let us get started on those peppermint bath salt jars!
Materials and Supplies
- 2 cups of Epsom salt
- 9 drops of food coloring, red
- 8 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- Pint size mason jar
- Gift tag
Directions for Peppermint Bath Salt Jars
- To begin this project, mix together 1 tablespoon of baking soda as well as 1 cup of Epsom salt in a small bowl.
- With the salt and baking soda mixed, add in four drops of peppermint essential oil, mixing well.
- In another bowl, mix the other cup of Epsom salt, a tablespoon of baking soda, as well as four drops of the peppermint essential oil.
- In one of the two bowls—it does not matter which—add in nine drops of red food coloring and mix it in well.
- Now, take your mason jar, tilt it on its side, and begin adding your peppermint bath salts into the jar. Add the white and red bath salts alternately into the mason jar by spooning them in—do not mix them together, as the colors of these salts are meant to resemble a candy cane. Occasionally press the salts down with the spoon.
- Continue this process until all of the bath salts have been placed into the mason jar.
- Screw on the lid once the jar is full before tying on a ribbon with a gift tag—that way you can keep your gifts straight!
Enjoy the gift of your peppermint bath salt jar!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: ayphoto / 123RF Stock Photo