Looking for a fun new tradition for celebrating New Year’s Eve with your kids (or close friends)? Then, you need to check out this arts and crafts project for fortune cookie messages!
For those who aren’t exactly stellar at baking, this project is not what you think it is. All these fortune “cookies” take is gathering some scrapbook paper, some glue dots, and white paper for the actual messages. These New Year’s fortune cookies are perfect for setting a person’s yearlong resolutions off right, providing inspiring advice to take into the new year or perhaps a challenge to improve a certain behavior like recycling. If you think this would be a fun project for your family right before you start counting down to midnight, then let’s get started on those fortune cookie messages!
Supplies and Materials
Directions for Fortune Cookie Messages
- To start on your fortune cookie messages for New Year’s, cut your scrapbook paper out in circles measuring 3½” in diameter.
- Now, turn the scrapbook circles onto their other side and set one glue dot on each edge or just the top edge.
- Fold each circle halfway and secure with the glue dot, but don’t crease the circle’s fold.
- Refer to the following templates for possible messages to slip in your fortune cookies:
- Wish you a happy and festive new year!
- What will your impact be on the world in this new year?
- Fight pollution throughout the year and make sure to recycle!
- Remember your New Year’s resolutions all year, so that you don’t give up!
- Smile more, think of positive things, and savor good fortune.
- Choose something you would like to improve on this year and focus, focus, and focus some more.
- Open a new Word document and type up these sayings—or feel free to create sayings of your own. If you would prefer it, you can also write the messages out by hand, using a gold marker or a similar color to make the messages more festive.
- Cut the messages separately into small-enough strips and insert each one into a half circle.
- With a forefinger on one side of a half-circle and your thumb on the other side, bend each half circle into the shape of a fortune cookie.
- Finally, secure each half circle’s ends together using a glue dot.
Enjoy your Fortune Cookie Messages and Happy New Year!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: rclassenlayouts / 123RF Stock Photo