For those looking to add a centerpiece to their indoor decorations but don’t have money to spare in the budget for expensive Christmas figurines, you can always make your own in the form of this felt tree centerpiece!
If you plan on throwing a Christmas party or a similarly themed winter holiday party, nothing sparks the right mood better than a centerpiece dedicated specifically to the season. These felt trees, fortunately, cost almost nothing to make, requiring only green felt, some lollipop sticks, and wine corks for the basic look. You can also add faux snow to make the piece even more particular for the season. If you think this arts and crafts project is the right one for you, then let’s get this felt tree centerpiece going!
Supplies and Materials
- Different shades of green felt (or one shade if preferred)
- Mix of 6-inch and 4-inch lollipop sticks
- Wine corks
- Paintbrush (optional)
- Snow-Tex (optional)
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks (optional)
- Small bead (optional)
Directions for Felt Tree Centerpieces
- To begin, select wine corks you believe will stand for a long time easily without wobbling. Once you have the number of corks for the number of felt trees you want, drill holes into the corks carefully about three quarters of the way in. Try to use a bit for the drill that is roughly the same size as a lollipop stick’s diameter (a 9/64-inch drill bit would be best).
- With the holes drilled into the wine corks, insert one lollipop stick firmly into each cork.
- Now, cut your various green felt shades into strips that are about 6×1 in inches. Starting at the base just above the cork, tie one felt strip around each lollipop stick, using a tight single knot. From there, cover the whole stick. Cut the felt strip edges, so that the felt grows in size from the top to the bottom, resembling a pine tree.
- If you want, brush Snow Tex onto the felt to provide the appearance of snow. Allow it to dry entirely.
- Note: If you prefer, you can add a slight dab of hot glue onto the very top of the lollipop sticks to attach a bead, which will act to prevent your felt strips from sliding off the sticks.
- To create the centerpiece, arrange the various sized trees on an available cake plate. To add some extra style, you can also add a little faux snow onto the plate.
Enjoy your felt tree centerpieces!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: zolotaosen / 123RF Stock Photo