Even though Easter is certainly a long way off, it never hurts to have fun activities handy for yourself and the kids when the time comes to whip out the food coloring and candy. These Easter Bunny-themed mason jars are a pretty simple arts and crafts project, and definitely one to hold on to for April!
Whether you fill them with votive candles or candy and use them as decorations or for gifts, these mason jars don’t cost a pretty penny to enjoy, and they will likely help you make even more precious holiday memories than you otherwise would have.
Materials and Supplies
- Any number of mason jars
- Bunny printable that is printed onto white cardstock
- Two inches of blue painter’s tape
- Craft knife or scissors
- Wax paper
- Various pastel-colored chalk paints
- Optional: Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Optional: Pom-poms, medium or mini-sized
- Optional: Colorful ribbon and cardstock
Directions for Easter Bunny-Themed Mason Jars
- To begin, you need to start by making the bunny silhouette sticker. To make this sticker, take some blue painter’s tape, between four and five inches long, and set it on the wax paper, with the sticky side facing down and adhering to the wax paper.
- Place another piece of painter’s tape right on top of the first piece, with the sticky side down, to make your bunny sticker even thicker and more durable.
- Cut the bunny from your template, leaving a rectangle around the cutout. Set the cutout onto the blue painter’s tape, and then, with your craft knife or scissors, cut the bunny out—cutting everything from the template, the blue painter’s tape, and the wax paper.
- Now, remove the bunny-shaped painter’s tape sticker from the wax paper. Press the sticker onto the side of a ready mason jar, avoiding bubbles or anything that might lead to the wrong shape.
- With the sticker adhered to the mason jar, paint the glass of the mason jar with your chosen color of chalk paint. Allow the paint to dry and feel free to paint on another coat if necessary. Once dry, peel the sticker off entirely, scraping off any glue from the tape without scratching the paint or disturbing the bunny shape.
- If you want, you can add a medium or mini-sized pom-pom as a tail using some hot glue. You can also use cutouts of your cardstock for covering the lid as well as adding ribbon if you prefer. Enjoy you Easter Bunny-themed mason jars!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: famveldman / 123RF Stock Photo