For those who often have trouble finding artwork for their home or those who don’t have the means to buy their own wall art, you can always try make DIY wall art yourself! You can bring a little personality to different rooms in your house or apartment and decorate the walls with art that fits your personality and personal tastes. While that may seem like a daunting task, this is a simple project that anyone can succeed with if they have a few hours to kill and just a few supplies. Now, let’s learn how to make your own personalized conversation piece in a just a few steps.
Materials and Supplies Needed to Make DIY Wall Art
Directions to Make DIY Wall Art
- To begin, measure where you want to place the strips of tape on the canvas.
- Mask out your chosen design with the painter’s tape. Feel free to modify the tape’s thickness where you choose to for more variety.
- Spray paint or paint your canvas background, filling the canvas with one color for the backdrop.
- Then, using your chosen colors of acrylic paints, layer colors onto the canvas, starting with the lightest color. Try using different brushes and experiment with how you move the paint across the canvas.
- After the painted canvas dries, peel off the painter’s tape to reveal your finished design.
This is a fun project that can entertain the whole family and spice up your home décor. The possibilities are endless with each design. For your first project, it may be best to try and stick with a simple line pattern. Once you’re comfortable with the process, branch out with more complex line patterns, such as chevron or zigzags. Remember, you can vary the line width of your tape, use different color patterns, and different kinds of brushes to make for a more interesting piece.
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: antoniodiaz / 123RF Stock Photo