Nothing can help organize a person’s desk better than a corkboard in their line of sight, just above the desk.
Even better, for those who have limited room or just want to add a bit of personality to their workspace, you can always create your own corkboard wall letter! Whether it’s the first letter of your name, school, or state, this corkboard project is so easy for beginner and experienced craftsmen alike that it is a surprise that more people do not do it. And while they should have adult supervision, this is also an ideal project for kids who are looking for a way to kill time on a rainy Saturday.
If you think this is the project for you, check out our guide below to get started!
Materials and Supplies
- Cork tile, 12 x 12
- Command strips (may be included with the cork tile)
- Cutting board or mat
- Box cutter or craft knife
Directions for Corkboard Wall Letters
- For this project, search the internet for free templates for the letter you wish to use for your corkboard project. Simply search for “letter A template” or whichever letter you intend to use and download the template. There are also programs like Microsoft Word you can use by typing your letter with a font you like, or you can always draw one by hand. Print out the letter in a size large enough that it takes up the whole sheet.
- One suggestion for when cutting your letter out—it may help to make it slightly larger than you want, so that when the letter is ready, it will have excess borders of around 0.5 inches all around it. This step, while not required, works in case much of the letter has to be trimmed to smooth out the edges.
- Place the cork tile onto your cutting board. Hold your letter template in place on the top part of the cork tile, using thumbtacks to keep it in place, and then use your craft knife or box cutter to cut into and through the tile, forming your chosen letter’s shape.
- Once you have finished cutting the cork letter out, trim any lumpy or jagged edges using the craft knife or the box cutter.
- Cork tiles often come with a set of adhesive command strips or wall mounts. Attach several of these onto the back of the cork letter and then hang it up on your wall. From there, feel free to attach whatever you want to the letter as you see fit. Enjoy your corkboard wall letter!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: aliceinchains / 123RF Stock Photo