A summer barbecue or picnic is not complete without the addition of some delicious spreads. Cheesy spreads are the most delicious of the bunch because they are hearty and satisfying, and they taste so good! These two recipes could not be any easier and each will make enough servings for everyone at the party to have a second helping!
For Artichoke-Parmesan Crostini Spread, you will need:
• ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
• ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped coarsely
• ¼ cup green olives, sliced
• ¼ cup sour cream
• 2 tablespoons pepperoncini peppers, chopped
• 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, snipped
• 1 teaspoon lemon peel, shredded finely
• 20 ¼-inch thick slices baguette, toasted
• Medium bowl
• Mixing spoon
Step 1: Use the mixing spoon to stir the sour cream, parmesan cheese, and cream cheese together in the medium bowl.
Step 2: Stir in the lemon peel, parsley, peppers, olives, and artichoke hearts.
Step 3: Spread the mixture onto the toasted baguette slices and serve.
For Gorgonzola, Honey, and Ricotta Spread, you will need:
• 1 15-ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 6 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme or ½ teaspoon fresh snipped thyme
• 1/8 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary or ¼ teaspoon fresh snipped rosemary
• 36 baguette slices, toasted
• Toasted walnuts
• Sliced apples
• Large mixing bowl
• Mixing spoon
• Electric mixer
• Serving bowl
• Plastic wrap
Step 1: Put the ricotta cheese into the mixing bowl and beat it for 2 minutes with the electric mixer set to medium speed.
Step 2: Stir in the thyme, rosemary, and gorgonzola cheese until ingredients are combined. Fold in the 1 tablespoon of honey until it is just combined.
Step 3: Spoon the mixture into the serving bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for between 1 and 24 hours.
Step 4: Serve by spreading the mixture on the baguette slices and topping them with the walnuts, apple slices, and a drizzle of honey.