Step-by-Step Guide to Making Homemade Wind Chimes
Wind chimes are things many people enjoy having around their home, whether they are out on the front porch, in the backyard, garden, or even inside the home. While many stores and vendors often have a variety of wind chime designs available, there is something special about making your own home decorations. For those who are beer or bottled soda lovers, making a bottle cap wind chime is an easy and fun project that can add a bit of homemade décor to any home or outdoor areas. Here’s how!
Materials for Bottle Cap Wind Chime:
- Bottle caps (40 to 50 depending on preferred size of the wind chime)
- Metal wire or small metal rings
- Center piece item, such as a vegetable steamer, old CD or DVD, tin can, tree branch, or anything that can act as the wind chime’s center point
- Piercing tool (hammer and punch, electric drill, etc.)
Directions for Bottle Cap Wind Chime:
- Collect the bottle caps needed for the wind chime. A moderately sized wind chime uses between 40 and 50 caps, and larger chimes require more. The number of bottle caps needed depends on the size you wish to make the wind chime.
- Punch or drill two holes in each bottle cap directly across from one another. These holes need to be close to the edge of the cap and be large enough to fit either the metal wire of the small metal rings through.
- Begin making chains of bottle caps by attaching one cap to another using the metal wire or small metal rings. The chains can be as long or as short as desired and can be made in varying lengths depending on the overall design of the wind chime. Additionally, you can opt to use all the same type or color of bottle caps, use a pattern of colors, or have the assortment be random.
- Once all the chains have been made, determine the pattern that will be attached to the wind chime’s center piece. Once this has been decided, begin attaching the chains to the center piece.
- Once all of the chains have been attached, attach a hook or piece of metal wire to the top of the center piece in order to hang it from a porch ceiling, indoor room, or a Sheppard’s hook in the backyard garden.
- Enjoy your homemade piece of art!
If you’d like to check out the Hipp’s Help store for supplies, please click here. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: asafeliason / 123RF Stock Photo