When we have limited time to prepare food, we often go for fast food or pre-cooked meals, which is not usually a healthy approach. On a day you must prepare lunch or dinner in a hurry, try these chicken burgers. Preparation time is just ten minutes and cook time is 20 minutes, creating four servings in just half an hour. Dont forget the pickles!
You will need:
• 1 ¼ pounds ground chicken
• 1 tablespoon butter, chopped into pieces
• 2 cups shredded cabbage mixture
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
• 1 small red onion, ½ thinly sliced and ½ finely chopped
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 3 rounded tablespoons sweet pickle relish
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon hot sauce
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 4 Kaiser rolls (or other rolls of your choosing)
• 2 bowls
Step 1: Melt the butter in the skillet on a burner set to medium heat. Add the tomato paste, garlic, and chopped onions and then sweat these ingredients for five minutes to sweeten and soften the mixture. Sprinkle in the sugar and then remove the skillet from the heat.
Step 2: Pour the contents into a bowl and let them cool for five minutes.
Step 3: Add hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce to the bowl, thoroughly combining ingredients.
Step 4: Add the chicken and the grill seasoning to the bowl. Combine the burgers and liquid so the flavor is evenly distributed. Make four patties from the ingredients. Wash the skillet and your hands.
Step 5: Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in the skillet on a burner set to medium-high heat. Put the patties into the skillet and cook them for six minutes per side.
Step 6: In a bowl, combine the remaining olive oil with the lemon juice and honey. Add the cabbage mix, sliced onions, and relish. Season with pepper and salt. Toss the ingredients so the cabbage is coated. Set aside.
Step 7: Put one patty on each roll bottom. Top each patty with the slaw and a roll top.