Photo cubes are a sweet and sentimental gift that you can easily make for yourself, a friend, or a family member. These are also great gifts that can be personalized for holidays, anniversaries, birthdays, and weddings. No matter the occasion, these photo cubes are perfect mementos that everyone will love. They’re a convenient collection of a few of your favorite photos, and here’s how you can make one in just a few steps.
Materials and Supplies
- Six photos of your choice on HP Advanced Photo Paper
- 4-inch solid wood blocks
- Black acrylic craft paint or any color you prefer
- Coarse sandpaper
- Mod Podge matte finish
- Foam applicator or foam brush
- Scissors or Xacto knife
- Paper cutter
- Choose six of your favorite photographs and crop them using a photo editing software like paint or adobe photoshop. You can do this on your phone or your computer, and you will want each photo to be no bigger than 4×4 inches since the blocks are four inches all around.
- Change printer settings to include a border and print the photos on 4×6 sheets of paper. This should leave just enough room for each block.
- Print at least six photographs on a sheet of photo paper. Heavier paper is a little easier to cut and won’t fray as much. If the paper is too thin, the image may bleed or wrinkle after the Mod Podge dries.
- Sand the corners of the blocks if you prefer a smoother edge.
- Using a thin coat of black paint, paint each side and let them dry completely.
- After printing your photographs, trim around each image.
- After the block dries, paint the surface with Mod Podge. Let it sit for a few moments until it becomes tacky and then add the photo using your fingers to smooth out any folds or bubbles.
- Repeat this process for each side.
- When all sides are complete for one block, you can sand the edges or leave it as it is.
- Finally, add another coat or two of Mod Podge to each image. The Mod Podge will dry clear despite appearing white when applied. It’s best to apply Mod Podge one side at a time and allow it to dry for several hours before moving to the next side.
Photo cubes allow you to show off your favorite memories without the hassle of framing each individual picture. Make a photo cube and celebrate your friends and family with a new decorative piece. You’ve got the time, and you’ll have fun doing it!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: asphoto777 / 123RF Stock Photo