DIY Pot Rack to Give Your Kitchen a Vintage Look
The kitchen is one room in the home that many people spend a lot of time in. Cooking and eating meals together is something that many families look forward to at the end of the day. Having this space be both beautiful and functional will help to make the kitchen everyone’s favorite room in the house. But, what many cooks and homeowners struggle with is how to store their kitchen items, especially bulky pots and pans. An easy way to add a touch of vintage as well as a ton of storage space is by adding a ladder pot rack to your cooking area.
This is a simple DIY project that will give your kitchen new life.
Materials and Tools for a DIY Ladder Pot Rack:
Directions for a DIY Ladder Pot Rack:
1. Measure and Plan: Begin by deciding which area in the kitchen will display the pot rack. Measure the length and width of the ladder and ensure the piece will fit in the space. Make sure to also measure the distance you would like the ladder to hang from the ceiling and account for the height of those in the household as well as how far down the ladder should hang.
2. Install the Eye Hooks: Once it has been established where the ladder will hang, install two eye hooks where either end of the ladder will be hung. Drill a pilot hole directly into the ceiling and insert the eye hooks. Make sure the eye hooks are tightly screwed into the ceiling – once the ladder pot rack has cooking utensils on it, it could weigh up to 50 pounds.
3. Hang the Chains: Keeping in mind that the rack could potentially weigh up to 50 pounds, make sure to purchase chains, S hooks, and eye hooks that are certified to carry that weight. Once the eye hooks have been installed, hang two chains from each hook using the S hooks.
4. Hang the Ladder: On the four open ends of the chain, attach four S hooks to hang the ladder. Make sure the S shape is big enough to completely fit around the ladder’s rungs. Hang the ladder, one side at a time, placing the S hooks on the bottom rung of each side.
5. Hang Pots and Enjoy: Once the ladder rack has been successfully installed, use various sized S hooks to hang pots, pans, baskets and even decorative items from the rack. Finally, sit back and enjoy your decorative and functional kitchen rack!
Want to do this DIY project but are missing tools and supplies? Then visit Hipp Modern Builder’s Supply, a Mountain View AR tool rental and hardware store. If you cannot come and see us in person, visit us online for some great deals! For more information about our store and online site, click here.