Create a Unique Bowl for Your Home Quick and Easy
Homeowners and decorators are always looking for unique, fun pieces to add to their home’s décor. Many times items like tabletop statues, book ends, and decorative bowls can be expensive at furniture and department stores. The good news is that with a few supplies and a little creativity many of the expensive pieces we see in stores can be made right at home. Do you need a fun, decorative bowl for your coffee table or kitchen counter? Here is an easy, DIY confetti bowl you can make this weekend in no time flat, using supplies and tools you likely already have in your home or at your local craft store.
Materials and Tools for DIY Confetti Bowl:
Directions for DIY Confetti Bowl:
- Inflate the balloon to the size you wish the bowl to be.
- Insert the inflated balloon into the vase, tied side in, to make a sturdier working surface.
- Using the sponge brush, add Mod Podge to the top, rounded portion of the balloon. Add Mod Podge all over the balloon, toward the middle portion, for as tall as you wish the bowl to be.
- Add confetti to the Mod Podge on the balloon, making sure to cover all of the areas and not leaving any open areas. You can remove the balloon from the vase in order to easily cover the sides with confetti.
- Allow the first layer of Mod Podge and confetti to dry completely.
- Add additional layers of Mod Podge and confetti to increase the bowl’s thickness – the thicker the layers, the sturdier the bowl.
- Once all desired layers have been added, allow the Mod Podge and confetti to set for 8-10 hours.
- Turn the balloon upside down on a hard surface with the confetti side on the table.
- Pop the balloon using a needle or pair of scissors and remove the balloon rubber from the bowl.
- Trim the edges of the bowl as desired.
- For a shiny finish, apply a layer of clear spray paint to both the inside and outside of the bowl (Note: do not place food in the bowl unless a food-safe clear coat is used).
- Display your confetti bowl and enjoy!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: jcobalt / 123RF Stock Photo