Creating a Beautiful Burlap Wreath: Easy and Fun!
The digital age has given way to more and more individuals sharing their knowledge of how to make home décor items from scratch instead of paying a high price to buy them in department or craft stores. Blog, websites, and apps like Pinterest are filled with step-by-step directions on how to make easy and fun crafts that anyone can do. Wreaths are something many homeowners enjoy having to adorn their front doors and add that extra bit of style and flare. Here is a step-by-step guide to creating your very own burlap wreath that is easy, fun, and will look great when decorating your home!
- Take the wire hanger and bend it into a circular shape. The circle does not have to be perfectly round. Create a hook at each end of the wire.
- Unroll a portion of the burlap material. Taking an end of the wire hanger, begin to weave the wire through the burlap, starting on one side of the width of the material and then the other side.
- After each pass, twist the burlap 180 degrees and continue to thread the wire through the burlap, alternating sides of the material. Continue to unroll the burlap as needed.
- Continue threading and twisting the burlap and scrunching the material together onto the wire until the entire wire hanger has been completely covered.
- Once all of the burlap has been threaded, connect the wire using the two hooks created at each end. This creates the base of the wreath.
- Once the base of the wreath has been completed, add embellishments as desired, such as seasonal flowers, festive bows, and/or ribbon that matches the home’s décor.
- Hang the wreath using a wreath hook or hanging nail and enjoy!
This burlap wreath is so easy to make that many homeowners enjoy making a different wreath for every season or making a festive wreath for each holiday they celebrate! Adding simple embellishments like sunflowers for the summer, snowflake ribbon for the winter months, or a festive Jack-o-Lantern for the Halloween holiday is a great way to add a little extra flare to your home, regardless of the weather! These wreaths also make great gifts for family members and friends that they will love using.
For a brief video tutorial, check out this video below to see some of these steps in action:
If you’d like to check out the Hipp’s Help store for supplies, please click here. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: arinahabich / 123RF Stock Photo