It can be a hassle trying to decorate your house, especially for those who prefer nature themes. Pre-made pieces in the store can go far in showcasing your personality, but they can add up fast and leave you with a light wallet. However, there are always DIY decorations like these painted twig letters!
Whether you want to make letters for your initials or full name or even shapes and numbers like hearts and player numbers respectively, you can take various twigs out in the yard and turn them into something special to be carried with you into future years or even into future homes. While you’re certainly able to choose your own colors, this project focused on more autumnal colors—either way, the possibilities here are endless. So, if you think this painted twig letter project is how you want to spend your next afternoon off, follow our guide below and let’s get started!
Materials and Supplies
- Numerous thin twigs or branches (i.e. off-shoots of fruit trees)
- Craft paints, specifically in gold metallic, orange, red, yellow, white, teal, and green
- Any wooden, 9” letters of the alphabet
- Clear crafts glue and hot glue gun
- Pruning shears
Directions for Painted Twig Letters
- To begin this project, place plentiful amounts of the orange, white, and yellow craft paints next to each other on a palette or plate while placing the red, teal, gold, and green onto different parts of the palette/plate. Make sure these separate sections and paints do not become mixed together.
- Taking several twigs, paint them using each color so you have enough for covering each letter. Leave a few of the twigs/branches unpainted.
- Once you have finished painting, start at the bottom end of one of your letters and cut a twig of any color (though maybe use a thicker one first) to size. Using hot glue, glue the branch in place. Move on up the letter until you have finished, alternating the color and thickness of the twig/branches to produce a more interesting effect.
- Repeat with the rest of your letters. Once you have finished up with those, feel free to hang the newly painted letters anywhere you prefer. These types of colorful letters may be perfect for a nursery, switching to pastel color schemes if desired. Silvers and whites for winter wedding themes are also a possibility—the choice is yours!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: okeen / 123RF Stock Photo