For those who were hoping to add to their winter holiday decorations before the weather turns, they can always start with these paper doily wreathes, which can function for winter as well as any other holiday season next year!
Requiring only the paper doilies you can buy cheap anywhere, some foam wreath form, and a few other supplies, these doily wreathes take up so little time to make that you can go through several before you even realize time has passed. So, if you think this project is for you, then let us get started on those doily wreathes as soon as possible!
Materials and Supplies
- White paper doilies, which can be bought in bulk in the store or online
- A circle of foam wreath form
- Hot glue gun plus glue sticks
- Pen or similarly pointed object
- Optional: long pins
- Optional: burlap bow
Directions for Creating Doily Wreathes
- Before you begin, figure out how many doilies you will need for this project. The amount required depends on how big the wreath form you have is as well as how closely the doilies are going to be spaced together. For example, a nine-inch rounded wreath form will likely call for around 150 doilies.
- Once you have figured out your supplies, start the project by poking small, narrow holes into the foam wreath form that are spaced apart evenly—about one inch—all around the circle.
- Start folding the paper doilies in eighths and pinching the folded points in your fingers. With a batch of four or five paper doilies on hand, start placing hot glue into the holes you created in the foam wreath form.
- Using your pen or similarly pointed object, push a folded doily in one hole. Then, repeat the process until your entire wreath has been covered. Note: It may help to use an unclicked, retractable pen for pushing doilies into the foam wreath form. You can fold the paper doilies onto the retractable pen before using it to push doilies into the wreath form—it may make the process go much faster.
- Now, go back to the wreath and fill any holes or gaps in that may be left.
- If you have decided to add the burlap bow, go ahead and tie the burlap into said bow. Set the bow onto the wreath, securing it with pins.
- Enjoy your doily wreathes!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: nruboc / 123RF Stock Photo