Planning a wedding or a party and finding your decoration budget stretched completely thin? Luckily, DIY decorations for the frugal soul are all the rage for major events like these, and these sunflower “kissing” spheres are definitely worth checking out!
Christmas parties have various ways of bringing joy to an event, with hanging mistletoe being one of them. These sunflower kissing spheres, as the name would suggest, offer the same sentiment but at any time of the year. Requiring largely inexpensive supplies and only part of an afternoon, these spheres offer splashes of color that brighten up the mood no matter the weather. They can even be modified to take on any seasonal theme, such as roses for a Valentine’s Day party.
If you do stick with sunflowers, you don’t even have to worry about buying the right kind of paint, because the yellow-colored whiffle balls have already eliminated the need. So, if you think this criminally easy arts and crafts project is the one for you, check out our step by step how-to guide below!
Materials and Supplies
- Several whiffle balls, yellow
- Artificial sunflower heads – about 25 sunflower heads per ball if heads are 2 ½ inches in diameter
- Hot glue and hot glue gun
- Twine or raffia ribbon
Directions for Sunflower Kissing Spheres
- To begin, take your scissors and cut off a strand of twine or ribbon (enough to make a loop to hang from later). Take one yellow whiffle ball and thread your twine or ribbon through a pair of adjoining holes, tying a secure double knot.
- Prepare the sunflower heads. If the faux sunflowers have stems, cut the stems at ½-inch from the bottom of the sunflowers’ heads.
- Use your hot glue gun by dabbing a circle of glue around one of the whiffle ball’s holes and press one faux sunflower over that hole, inserting the stem if there is one. For each hole in the whiffle ball, there should be one flower each. You can also likely dab hot glue around two to three whiffle holes at once.
- From there, cover the entire whiffle ball with faux sunflowers, including the ones you used for tying your twine or ribbon.
- Tie off the twine or ribbon to the length necessary for you to create a loop and then hang wherever you like. Feel free to make as many sunflower kissing spheres as you need. Enjoy!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: rawlik / 123RF Stock Photo