DIY Jewelry Tutorial
We all save worn out, too small, or too big blue jeans hoping that one day they will become useful again. Since there is little chance we will ever fit into the jeans we wore in high school again – let’s be realistic now – why not upcycle that old denim before throwing it away? A creative way to reuse old denim jeans is to make them into beautiful, custom, handmade jewelry for you or a loved one to enjoy. Want to know how? Follow this easy tutorial for making a homemade denim beaded bracelet!
Tools and Materials for DIY Denim Beaded Bracelet:
- Leg of an old pair of jeans
- Barrel clasp
- Sewing needle
- .5 mm stretchable jewelry cord
- Hot glue gun
Directions for DIY Denim Beaded Bracelet:
- Cut the seam from the leg of an old pair of blue jeans. Cut about ¼ inch along both sides of the seam. Cut the length of the seam to fit around the wrist with some extra to account for the clasp.
- Pull the treads along the edges of the seam in order to fray the fabric.
- Thread the sewing needle with the stretchable jewelry cord. Starting at the back of the denim seam on the end, move the needle in and then up through the center of fabric where the clasp will go. Thread the needle through the loop of the clasp to sew it to the seam – do this several times for a firm hold. Cut the remaining cord. Repeat on the other end of the seam with the other portion of the clasp. You can also add a dot of hot glue to better secure the clasp.
- Rethread the sewing needle with the stretchable jewelry cord. Starting at the back of the denim seam, about ¼ inch away from the clasp, move the needle in and then up through the center of fabric. Thread six to eight beads onto the jewelry cord in a desired pattern. Move the needle and then down through the center of the denim seam and then in and up through the seam again. Thread six to eight beads onto the jewelry cord in the desired pattern and repeat until the entire denim seam has been beaded.
- Once all of the beads have been added, cut and tie off the jewelry cord at the back of the denim seam.
- Wear the bracelet, give it as a gift—enjoy!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: fotofreaks / 123RF Stock Photo