If the walls in your house are looking a little bare and if your bank account is as well, here is the perfect art project for you. It’s simple and easy to handle, and it helps recycle trash for another and, admittedly, better purpose. If you have several paper towel and toilet paper rolls lying around, then get ready to create some amazing DIY wall art!
Supplies for DIY Paper Roll Flower Wall Art
- Paper towel rolls and toilet paper rolls (as many as you think you’ll need)
- Spray paint (brushed metal appearance spray paint preferred)
- Bobby pins
Most of these things people have lying around the house if you were worried about price.
Directions for DIY Paper Roll Flower Wall Art
- Flaten the toilet paper rolls in half hotdog style and cut off sections, creating a petal shape. One toilet paper roll yields about six petals, and one paper towel roll may yield 15 or more. You’ll want to cut out as many as you need based on how big you’d like the project to be.
- Begin gluing the petals together, and this can depend on how you want your flower to look and how many petals you want on there per flower. The bobby pins help hold the pieces together while the glue is drying, so you can keep working.
- After the glue is dry on your flowers, arrange the flowers in any pattern you like and glue them together. If you have additional paper roll pieces, you can use them as leaves and vines for your flowers to connect to each other. After you have a design you like, glue these pieces together. You can also cut the paper rolls to make swirls and other shapes like hearts or bees.
- Once the glue is dry on all pieces, remove the bobby pins and spray paint your piece—faux metal looks nice and tricks people into thinking it’s real metal, but you can use any color you like. Green, pink, blue, or whatever suits the look of your home!
- After the pieces dry, which may take a day or two depending on how moist the air is in your climate, you’re ready to hang the newly completed art on the walls. It’s made of cardboard, so it’s light and can even be hung with thumbtacks if you don’t have any nails. Once hung, you can stand back and admire your work.
- Be prepared to be asked where you got your stunning art, so prepare to take some credit!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: rutchapong / 123RF Stock Photo