Make a Personalized, DIY Dreamcatcher
A well-known belief among various Native American cultures is that the night air is filled with dreams both good and bad. The dreamcatcher, when hung over or near one’s bed, catches the dreams as they flow by and only lets the good dreams through. Having become a staple decoration among many U.S. homes, dreamcatchers are not only pretty, but they are fun, simple, inexpensive, and easy to customize to one’s likes. Luckily, it is easy to transform secondhand findings from around the house into this modern, Boho Chic Doily Dreamcatcher!
Supplies for Boho Chic Doily Dreamcatchers:
- Hot glue gun
- Beads or pearls
- Tassel fringe
- Doily (should be an inch or two inches smaller than the hoop)
- Embroidery hoop
- Lace ribbon
Note: Using a piece of foam core or cork board or something a thumbtack can be pushed into is very helpful here for holding the doily in place.
Directions for Boho Chic Doily Dreamcatchers:
- Place doily in the center of the core board and push thumb tack into the center. Place the embroidery hoop over the top of the doily so it is in the center.
- Carefully stretch the doily to the left and the right and glue over the edges of the embroidery hoop.
- Now, stretch the top and bottom in the same way, so you have glued the top, bottom, and both sides.
- Continue stretching the rest of the doily over the embroidery hoop edges until it is completely covered. Remove the thumbtack.
- Place the outer ring of the embroidery hoop over the inner hoop/doily and tighten.
- Choose lace or tassel fringe and glue it around the outer edge of the embroidery hoop.
- Cut lace ribbon into different lengths. Glue strips of lace ribbon from the bottom of the dreamcatcher.
- Glue the ribbon in place and hold it in place until it dries.
- To make tassels, wrap yarn around four fingers several times over.
- Slide it off your hand and tie a piece of yarn around the bunch.
- Cut through one side of the loop to create the fringed tassel.
- Tie the tassel to a piece of twine and glue in place with the lace ribbon.
- Glue beads or pearls over the ribbon edges along the bottom of the hoop.
The final step: hang your completed dreamcatcher up and enjoy your handiwork and the upcoming compliments!
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: kikujungboy / 123RF Stock Photo