You may know someone with a birthday or an anniversary coming up—and you don’t have any idea what to get them. Sentimental gifts are always a big hit, especially when the gifts themselves are handmade. For example, these apothecary memory jars are ideal for storage, decoration, and keeping recent or old memories fresh and alive.
Using a few favorite photos can transform these jars into another statement piece, and they look great in any room. So, if you’re ready to put together an apothecary memory jar, here is a quick guide on how to turn them into keepsakes you or your loved one will hold onto for years.
Materials and Supplies
- Stacked apothecary jars
- Editing software (ex. Paint or Photoshop)
- Computer or laser printer
- Avery clear full sheet labels
Directions for Apothecary Memory Jars
- Gather a few of your favorite photographs. They can be black and white or in color. If you want to convert in-color pictures to black and white, import them onto your editing software and convert them.
- Once all your pictures are digital, measure the size of one jar and resize the photos in the editing program so they’ll fit.
- If you print on the clear full sheets, the pictures stick directly to the glass of the jar. Flip or rotate the photograph in your editing software, so the image will appear like the original and print on the non-adhesive side.
- Print the images on the clear full sheet labels and then trim each photograph with a pair of scissors.
- Carefully peel and stick your photos inside the apothecary jar using the Avery clear full sheet labels—this should make printing much easier and forgiving. It’s best that the image be on the backside of the jar facing outward, so that other items related to the photos can be placed in front of them, therefore utilizing the entire space inside the jar.
If you have trouble deciding on which photographs to use, consider images from a recent vacation. If you have photographs of you and your loved ones on the beach, consider using those images with sand and seashells to fill your memory jars. You can also fill these memory jars with other keepsakes, such as jewelry, cards, or candy—pretty much anything your heart desires.
Feel free to check out the Hipp’s Help store for any home improvement needs or supplies for projects. We offer FREE ship to store for all of Mountain View customers. And we also offer reasonable shipping rates for the rest of our customers throughout the country.
Copyright: mohol / 123RF Stock Photo